Mechanical Engineers are employed in automotive, aerospace, chemical, computer, electronic, industrial machinery, manufacturing, mining, oceanographic, petroleum, pharmaceutical, power, printing, publishing, and textile industries. They use engineering principles to provide efficient solutions for the development of processes and products, ranging from small component designs to extremely large plants, machinery or vehicles.
Mechanical Engineers are focusing their attention towards new areas of research such as nanotechnology, development of composite materials, biomedical applications, environmental conservation, etc. To summarize, the field of Mechanical Engineering offers a wide range of job options to students, who are looking for a stable, stimulating and challenging career.
Department of Mechanical Engineering was established in the year 2010 with an intake of 60 students with the objective of imparting quality education in the field of Mechanical Engineering. The department has credit an eminent team with qualified, experienced and dedicated faculty, well equipped laboratories with the state-of-the-art computing system and peripherals. With rapidly evolving technology and the continuous need for innovation, it has been the department’s ongoing endeavor to produce quality engineering graduates. Dept. of Mechanical Engineering is accredited by NBA for three years from 2022-2025.
- Imparting Mechanical Engineering knowledge through state-of-the-art infrastructure and qualified staff.
- Providing theoretical and practical foundations for design, manufacturing, operation and maintenance of mechanical systems.
- Organizing industrial visits, internship, technical events, guest lectures and socially relevant projects.
- Inculcating discipline, human values, professional and team spirit.
Dr. Sharanabasappa C. Sajjan
Dr. Anand S. Reddy
Dr. Veerabhadrayya R. Hiremath
Mr. Shivaprakash M. V.
Mr. Sandeep C. D.
Dr. Basukumar H K
Mr. Manjunath G. P.
Mr. Sushrut S. H.
Mr. Pradeep S. G.
Mr. Anilkumar C. K.
Mr. Shridhar H. B.
Mr. Shrinivas N. T.
Mr. Vishwanath Savadatti
Mr. Sucheet Gogeri
Satish G J
Sharanappa K H
- Apply the knowledge of design, analysis, manufacturing and management in serving industry, academia and research institutions.
- Adapt to the changing technological needs in the industry and demonstrate entrepreneurship.
- Practice interpersonal skills, professional ethics and life-long learning.
- Apply domain knowledge in the design, operation and maintenance of different mechanical systems.
- Use software tools in modeling and analysis of mechanical systems.
Academic Year SFR
1. Use of ICT
2. Demonstration with models
3. Collaborative Learning
5. Master Tutorials
6. Preparatory exams
7. Guest lectures from industry experts
8. Poster making